Apply for a Grant
Granite Falls Area Community Foundation Grant Guidelines
- Proposals must be submitted by a 501(c)(3) organization, a unit of government or by a public agency. If the organization applying is a 501(c)(3), please include a copy of the IRS Determination letter.
- Organizations that are not tax exempt must apply through a suitable fiscal agent willing to accept responsibility for the project, such as unit of government, school district, etc.
- All proposals must demonstrate a benefit within the greater Granite Falls area.
- The Foundation prefers projects that are submitted by local (Granite Falls area) applicants.
- Proposals incorporate an innovative approach and avoid duplication of effort.
- Proposals have clearly-stated goals and measurable outcomes.
- $500 minimum grant request.
- Grant requests are considered for up to 1 year of funding.
We encourage projects to have additional funding sources other than the GFACF grant.
Areas of Interest to Consider:
- Arts, culture, humanities
- Community improvement (celebrations, beautification, parks)
- Community health
- Leadership development
- Public protection and public safety
- Recreation, leisure, sports, athletics
- Youth development
- Senior programs and projects
- Community benefit
Types of support to consider:
- Local conferences/seminars that meet our criteria – groups and not individual
- Exhibitions i.e. Memorial Wall, Health Fair
- Program development
Types of support NOT considered:
- Religious purposes/activities
- Lobbying or political activities
- For profit business
- Education curriculum development
- Debt retirement
- Ongoing, open-ended grants
- Operating expenses
- Administrative budgets for existing organizations
- National fundraising campaigns
- Ticket sales, raffles, or fundraising dinners
- Endowment drives
- Annual campaigns